ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

strange AP coverage drawing in RF plan

Hi,

i have a problem when viewing the RF coverage of the AP from the controller WebUI

i attached the picture,

i have two AP's on AP65 and one AP 70, but the drawing shows as if they use a 180 directional antenna not an omni directional antenna i.e. their coverage must be a circle not as shown in the picture

anybody would tell me what's wrong?

thanks in advance
Guru Elite

Web UI

Hi,

i have a problem when viewing the RF coverage of the AP from the controller WebUI

i attached the picture,

i have two AP's on AP65 and one AP 70, but the drawing shows as if they use a 180 directional antenna not an omni directional antenna i.e. their coverage must be a circle not as shown in the picture

anybody would tell me what's wrong?

thanks in advance

RF Plan coverage visualization is a function of how many datapoints are available. The fewer datapoints, the less accurate the diagram. At minimum, you should have 3 APs that can all hear each other. If you put only Omnidirectional antennas, can all APs see each other? If not, they will probably have a blue diamond around each other and will not be able to draw coverage accurately, or at all.

With that being said, there are a number of factors like affect patterns being drawn like RF scanning needing to be on. You might want to open a support case to make sure all of those settings are in place to get you the best visualization possible.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: