ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

strange AP coverage drawing in RF plan

Hi,

i have a problem when viewing the RF coverage of the AP from the controller WebUI

i attached the picture,

i have two AP's on AP65 and one AP 70, but the drawing shows as if they use a 180 directional antenna not an omni directional antenna i.e. their coverage must be a circle not as shown in the picture

anybody would tell me what's wrong?

thanks in advance
Guru Elite

Web UI

Hi,

i have a problem when viewing the RF coverage of the AP from the controller WebUI

i attached the picture,

i have two AP's on AP65 and one AP 70, but the drawing shows as if they use a 180 directional antenna not an omni directional antenna i.e. their coverage must be a circle not as shown in the picture

anybody would tell me what's wrong?

thanks in advance

RF Plan coverage visualization is a function of how many datapoints are available. The fewer datapoints, the less accurate the diagram. At minimum, you should have 3 APs that can all hear each other. If you put only Omnidirectional antennas, can all APs see each other? If not, they will probably have a blue diamond around each other and will not be able to draw coverage accurately, or at all.

With that being said, there are a number of factors like affect patterns being drawn like RF scanning needing to be on. You might want to open a support case to make sure all of those settings are in place to get you the best visualization possible.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: