ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

using the 2 radios of an AP as two mesh links

Hi,

i want to know is it valid to make two mesh kinks in the 2 radios of an AP like AP 125

thnx in advance
Guru Elite

Mesh

Hi,

i want to know is it valid to make two mesh kinks in the 2 radios of an AP like AP 125

thnx in advance

You can only use one radio on any access point for the mesh link. You can however, as of ArubaOS 3.4.x serve clients on both radios of a mesh ap.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: using the 2 radios of an AP as two mesh links

hi Colin,

would you please refer to the document that stated the feature of serving clients on both radios of mesh point and how to configure it?

also i need to know what is the maximum throughput per 802.11n mesh link as i want to bridge two building and the wireless link will carry video streaming ?

thanks in advance
Guru Elite

Mesh - 802.11n

hi Colin,

would you please refer to the document that stated the feature of serving clients on both radios of mesh point and how to configure it?

also i need to know what is the maximum throughput per 802.11n mesh link as i want to bridge two building and the wireless link will carry video streaming ?

thanks in advance

Mesh over 802.11n was added in ArubaOS 3.4.x. In the ArubaOS 3.4.1 user guide, the section on how to configure secure enterprise mesh starts on page 211. It also discusses configuring mesh so that clients can connect to the mesh radio, as well as detailed mesh scenarios. Of course if you have clients on the mesh radio, naturally that will decrease mesh backhaul performance. The section that tells you how to configure secure enterprise mesh using "High Throughput" or 802.11n is on page 235.

I personally do not know the maximum throughput of an 802.11n mesh link.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: