ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

vlans cannot ping each other in controllers

Dear Friends,

I am facing a strange problem during implementation of the wireless.

The scenario is as follows :

200 Access Points connected to two controllers 3600 series, each with 128 AP license. As Master-Master cannot be acheived in this mode, Master - Local design was made. The connectivity is made as below

Cntrl 1 ---CS1
|
Cntr 2 --- CS2

First of all , I made VRRP between controller, apart from the IPSEC keys between controllers. With this synchronisation works fine and I tested I could ping between the controllers and the VRRP IP too.

Secondly I created VLAN's for wireless SSID's. Same vlans were created on both controllers with IP address assigned and dhcp helper pointed to the server. I could see that , one of the controller ip cannot ping to the gateway.

Any ideas/suggestions on how I can resolve this issue .

-Siddarth
Guru Elite

Re: vlans cannot ping each other in controllers

type "show arp" to see if the default gateway is in the ARP table.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for your help. I did check using show arp command, as I could see the default gateway, which is vlan 28. The issue here is i could ping the gateway (vlan 28 ) from both controllers, but for other vlans I could ping either on end of controller or cannot ping on either ways. Strange thing i notice is that

1. As i traceroute to the non pingable gateway, it is not pointing to the corresponding gateway, lets say for example vlan 24, which should go to 24.1 etc.
2. I could see in the master controller under IP , operational state/protocol is UP , whereas in other controller operational state /protocol is down

Any ideas, do you like to share with me.
Thanks for your help and support.

Regards,
Siddarth
Guru Elite

Please type "show ip route" on the controller that cannot ping. Next, type "show vlan status". Is that VLAN assigned to a port? A vlan usually has an operational state of "down" of it is not assigned to any physical ports.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Please remove the master-local ipsec tunnel and try again... I had the nearly the same situation because of an ipsec tunnel problem...
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: