my captive portal always redirects me to the login web, not the welcome web,
does anyone know why ??
thank you!
Guru Elite

Captive Portal Authentication Profile

my captive portal always redirects me to the login web, not the welcome web,
does anyone know why ??
thank you!

You need to check your Captive Portal Authentication Profile. The Captive Authentication Profile has "user login" and "guest login" checkboxes. Uncheck those boxes and the user will not be prompted for credentials.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

why my captive portal is always login web

Because your captive portal default role contains the captive portal
redirect ACL? That's most likely.
Occasional Contributor II

Re: why my captive portal is always login web

thanks
i will check my captive portal profile

but what is the use of the user login and guest login ;
do you know the specific principle ?
Aruba Employee

"User login" is for having the captive portal require a username and password pair. This username and password pair can be in the Internal database in the controller, or on an external RADIUS or LDAP server. The post-auth role the user gets is the default role defined in the captive portal profile (note, not the AAA profile)

"Guest login" is for having the captive portal accept any text string entered into a box labeled "Email address". The intent is that the person would put in their email address, but this isn't authenticated into anything. The post-auth role the user gets is the GUEST role. Only...this cannot be changed. If the user comes in via Guest Login, then they always get the guest role. So if you want different rights other than the defaults for guest, you'll need to edit that role's ACLs.

Does that help?
Aruba

User login provides a username/password prompt on the captive portal login webpage. Controlled access as someone needs credentials before they are admitted to the network.

Guest login provides a 'email address' only prompt on the captive portal login webpage. Effectively anonymous access.

JF

Because your captive portal default role contains the captive portal
redirect ACL? That's most likely.

thanks for everybody's reply

i use the system default role in my captive portal profile ;
that is to say ,it is the default role that redirects me to the login web page , I need to do some changes on it ?
Aruba Employee

Well, you said that your login page redirect was fine, but that it was your post-auth redirect page that was not.

So....explain again what is happening and what the problem is?
Aruba

Default role will contain the configuration for 'user login'. (most commonly requested is a username/password prompt, hence the default)

JF

My basic configuration is as follows
I first created a captive portal profile (naming cp),i use the system default role in the profile, then created a role(naming rl), this role contain the captive portal(cp) , and the firewall police of the role use the 'captiveportal' system give, later created a aaa profile (naming aap), the aaa prilfe (aap) use the role (rl) as the intial role;

i am doing experment ,so i set the system dhcp to offer my pc's dns server ,the dns server ip address is my aruba conroller's ip address. Is it a relevance in this situation ?

using this configuration ,for example when i type www.google.com in the url ,the
web become the login page ,i type the system user name and password,i go into
the configuration page to do configrations.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: