CWTS - Study Group

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Aruba Employee
Help Desk Training
[ Edited ]

Does anyone have any recommendation of a good training course to send help desk staff to, in order for them to troubleshoot basic wireless issues? I was looking at the courses from CWNP. Has anyone taken the CWTS or the CWAP. I feel like those might be too advanced for the help desk. Right now our 600+ AP campus with 15k students and 2k faculty and staff is being supported by just myself and an intern. So we are looking to offload more support onto the help desk.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Contributor II
Re: Help Desk Training
[ Edited ]

I think CWTS would be a great intro program for anyone on the technical side of wireless. If you are escalating coverage issues to the help desk it would be a good course for a requirement. You could also possibly offer CWNA or CWAP for anyone interested. 

Aruba Employee

Have you deployed airwave? If you have, I'd recommend taking the Airwave course

MVP

zjennings wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendation of a good training course to send help desk staff to, in order for them to troubleshoot basic wireless issues? I was looking at the courses from CWNP. Has anyone taken the CWTS or the CWAP. I feel like those might be too advanced for the help desk. Right now our 600+ AP campus with 15k students and 2k faculty and staff is being supported by just myself and an intern. So we are looking to offload more support onto the help desk.

Airwave course if deployed, not sure if the subject matter is up to date, when I took the course it was based off AMP 7.2.

CWNA for anything that relates to wireless, For CWAP you must have CWNA btw.

Possibly Network+?

Zach, it all starts with knowing what you're offloading and your expectations for first level support.
I assume what you want is basic network troubleshooting skills,
eg.. "Are you connected to the SSID?",
"Can you see the SSID?"
"Can you disable/enable you WLAN card?",
how to enter static IPs?

How to check if APs are up?

Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for