Campus Switching and Routing

Occasional Contributor II

2930f intervlan routing

hi,

i have 3 vlans, vlan10, vlan20 and vlan30 in my single ARUBA 2930F switch ang connected to my FW... i need to know if i can make intervlan routing by using this single switch alone? like i plug my laptop in vlan10 and pc in vlan20, will they have routing between each other? is it possible without touching the FW/..thanks

Contributor II

Re: 2930f intervlan routing

It depends where is your gateway defined.

If your switch is acting as gateway for both subnets, it can route traffic between the,

If switch is configured as a Layer 2 device and firewall is your gateway for clients, routing has to be done on firewall.

2930 is a basic layer 3 switch and is capable to do inter VLAN routing.

JayBee
ACDX | CCIE (RnS/SP,DC) | ACCP | ACMP | ACMA | JNCIS | JNCIA
If the provided solution resolves your issue, please mark it as accepted solution to help others.
Occasional Contributor II

arubsVLAN.JPG

with this setup can i have already the intervlan routing on this and get internet from the FW? i already created FW rules for all VLANs..

Aruba Employee

I just responded to this thread:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Campus-Switching-and-Routing/intervlan-routing-on-L3-and-internet-on-the-FW/td-p/305295

It looks the same.  Let me know when this is different.

Regards, Dobias

Contributor I

Hi,

You cannot have both commands "ip routing" and "ip default-gateway x.x.x.x" at the same time configured at the switch.

If you want to make intervlan routing, all three interfaces vlan (10, 20 and 30) must be created at the switch as the default gateway of each network.

Also, maintain only the "ip routing" command with a default static route to your firewall "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1"

If it helps please add Kudos
Aruba Employee

IP default-gateway is only for the switch itself, so let's say management traffic. For all other traffic, you have IP routing. When no dynamic routing protocol configured this will be directly connected routes in combination with static routes. Hope this makes it clear.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: