Campus Switching and Routing

Occasional Contributor II

Adding Aruba AP's on IMC

Hello experts,

Just a question about adding AP's to IMC.

I have all my AP's (around 60) with DHCP address. Is it a problem to add them on the IMC with a DHCP address ? Do they need a static IP address ?

Regards,

Guru Elite

Re: Adding Aruba AP's on IMC

Are these controller-based APs, or Instant APS?  If they are Instant APs, you can set a Virtual-Controller-IP and that will be a static address that you could use to always reach the cluster at the same ip address:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#CLI_commands/virtual-controller-ip.htm?Highlight=virtual controller ip

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hello,

they are controller-based.

I added the WLC, and I can see the fit-AP's.

But I have basically 2 issues.

- No way to get an alarm when an AP is down. I only get an alarm from the switch. I configured SNMP v3 and the trap receiver on the controller, but it does not solve the issue. On the IMC, I cannot see the trap destination, and if I try to configure it manually, it says the device in unpingable, or SNMP / SSH settings are not correct, but I'm sure that it is.

- When I add an AP on my topology, it's not shown on my map ...  

On my Location view I can see them but no way to see them on the map...

Guru Elite

Traps only come from the WLC and not from the APs. Type "show SNMP trap-queue" on the controller to see the contents of the traps that are sent for whatever you are trying to trigger.
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

The WLC can see the traps when an AP is down, but it is unable to send this information to the IMC.

Guru Elite

Did you setup the ip address of your IMC as a trap receiver on the controller in Configuration> Management> SNMP?

Yes I did. 

Normally, the IMC's IP address should appear on the destination host in IMC, right ?

Guru Elite

I honestly have never setup Aruba on IMC, so I don't know about the IMC side of it....

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: