Campus Switching and Routing

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba Switches Configuration guide

[ Edited ]

We are planing to purchuase  multiple Aruba 2xxx and 54xx switches. I am bit confised after the merge with HP. 

Are they all using the same OS? Is it Aruba OS or HP OS and which is support for them provided by HP or Aruba?  Which is the best configuration/admin guide to follow for staff training? 

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba Switches Configuration guide

The OS as of 16.x is known as ArubaOS-Switch. It's the same underlying OS with many Aruba mobility centric features baked in (user roles, tunneled-node, etc).

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Thank you for quick resonse. I am looking at the "HPE ArubaOS-Switch Management and Configuration Guide K/KA/KB.16.01" and it says that applies to Aruba 54xx, but no meniton of 29xx and 25xx series. Are they any different? 

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04943210

Guru Elite

There are some features limited to each platform (stacking, VSF, dynamic routing,etc) but for the most part, the mainline features are the same. There is a full set of documentation for each code variant. For example, the 5400R shares the same code as the 3810M.

I'd recommend release 16.02.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

[ Edited ]

The ArubaOS-Switch is the new brand name of what actually is the legacy ProCurve Switches' operating system (read: ProVision), actually this means that those (formerly HPE, actually Aruba branded) switch series are based on ArubaOS-Switch:

• 2530 (YA/YB)
  • 2620 (RA)
  • 2920 (WB)
  • 2930F (WC)
  • 3500/5400 (K)
  • 3800 (KA)
  • 3810/5400R (KB)

Note how single letter/double letters represent the respective Software Branch, as it happened with ProVision OS (this mean that if you're looking for very specific informations about Aruba 2920 you need to focus on "WB" Branch related documentation available through HPE Support portal).

HPE has a dedicated (ProVision/ProCurve so also ArubaOS-Switch) community here.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: