Campus Switching and Routing

Occasional Contributor II

Captive Portal Not working

Hi Guys,

We have setup captive portal on thursday and was working over the weekend.

i am not sure what has changed but now captive portal wont even launch when you connect to the SSID.

only time captive portal works is if manually type in the webaddress of the portal. 

i get the auto generate userid and password but i still cant access the internet. 

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Guru Elite

Re: Captive Portal Not working

Please start here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Troubleshooting/ArubaOS/Captive_Portal/Web_Help_Index.htm

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

thanks Collins,

i will go through those steps.

so it turns out guest redirect is working.

for some reason old devices which are associated are caching the guest account i created to that device which is causing the issue.

i have cleared the mac and AD cache but its still associating expire user accounts to that machine.

is there anyway i can clean this up?

i have already cleaned up the cache and web history on my test machine.

is this going to be a re-occuring thing?

Guru Elite

So it is caching those credentials in the browser?  You need to look at those browser settings..

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

no its caching the creds in clear pass.

so when i check the logs its caching creds associated for that machines mac address.

Guru Elite

You didn't say you had clearpass...

Colin Joseph

oops sorry.

does that change anything?

Frequent Contributor I

If ClearPass is caching the credentials, you won't be redirected to Captive Portal until cache time expires (that is the purpose of caching credetials :)).

One of the things you can do to delete endpoint cache is to go to Configuration -> Endpoints & delete the endpoint you want to remove chace for or wait till cache period expires (can be few hours or days depending how how you've set it up)

JayBee
ACDX | ACCX| CCIE (RnS/SP,DC) | ACCP | ACMP | ACSA | ACMA | JNCIS | JNCIA
If the provided solution resolves your issue, please mark it as accepted solution to help others.

i have done that.

i have deleted the endpoint which makes it work.

i have set the expiration period 24 hours.

i created a test account on friday and by monday the account has expired but the machine still had that association with that expired account due to which authentication page didnt rock up.

Any suggesstion on how to change that?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: