Campus Switching and Routing

New Contributor

Configuring Tunneled Node

Hi,

We have HA mobility controller sin our production environment and it's been working fine for wireless devices, now i'm try to configure Tunneled mode to connect wired device to the controller and followed the configuration provided at https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/134 but it does not seem to be working. When I connect my wires device the tunneled-node state goes into "In Progress" and then after sometime it says "controller not reachable" although it is actually reachable and I can ping it as well from the switch.

Can anybody help please?

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Configuring Tunneled Node

Hi Harry_sahni, 

I'd be happy to help.

Which version of software are you running on the controllers?  What model of controller is it?

Which switch models are you running and what version of firmware do they have?

Thanks, 

Justin

JUSTIN NOONAN
TECHNICAL MARKETING ENGINEER – ARUBA CAMPUS TECHNOLOGIES
O: +1 916 540 1748   |   justin.noonan@hpe.com

8000 FOOTHILLS BLVD  |  ROSEVILLE, CA 95747 USA

New Contributor

Thanks Justin!

We have got couple of 7010 controllers running 6.4.4.9 and the switches are Aruba 2920 running firmare WB.16.02.0015

I also checked the command "show datapath tunnel", and the entry for my switch IP address showed that the packets are being encapsuted as the column "Encaps" incremented but "Decaps" remained at 0 which suggested that for some reason the packets were not being deencapsulated and so GRE tunnel not formed.

Appreciate your help!

Regards

Harry

New Contributor

Hello

You may need to check for the below :

1. Give a continuous ping to the Controller on the DUT and very that there is no loop in your setup

2. Verify PAPI stats on the switch. Check for any drops

3. One more scenario where this could happen is when the "controller-ip" is different from the vlan-ip that you are using as your uplink vlan. For example : If controller-ip is set to vlan 1 ip address on the controller and your uplink vlan is vlan 10, the state will always be "In Progress"

if im not mistaken tunneled mode requires AOS 6.5.

Occasional Contributor II

Yes you do need AOS 6.5 or later.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: