Campus Switching and Routing

Contributor I

Deploy controller in multi Campus

Hi all Friend and Expert,

I have two controller and two building, building A and B routed over layer 3 and it's different vlan database, ( VTP domain) 

Building A ( We had deployed this system )

- 01 Controller 7205: Role Master

- Users from building A get VLAN IP of Building A

Building B ( New campus )

- 01 Controller 7205: Role Local

-  Users from building A get VLAN IP of Building B ?

-  Local and master is connected over tunel mode

- I want same SSID name but, when users in building A, they can get IP of building A, and when users in building B, they can get IP of Building B.

I have attached topology of network logical.

Please give me some ideas, Thank you so much !

Regards,

Lee Nguyen

Guru Elite

Re: Deploy controller in multi Campus

You need to use a VLAN name in your Virtual AP:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/What-is-a-named-VLAN-and-how-do-I-configure-it/ta-p/181562

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Dear Colin,

Thank you for your comment,

I have created new Group name AP-B-Building, I'm going to move an AP test to this group.

But, how can i move it to local controller in Bulding B, as my understand, when i moved AP test, to local controller it will bring up a GRE tunnel with local controll.

Thank you so much!

Guru Elite

Go to Configuration> Wireless> AP Configuration.  Click on your new ap-group.  Click on AP.  Click on AP System.  In the right pane, find the  LMS IP box and type in the IP address of the controller that you want your access points to be on.  Click on "save as" in the upper right hand corner to create a new profile and give it a new name.  Click on Apply in the lower right hand corner to apply the new profile.  You have to click on save configuration to push the change from the master to the local controller.

Setting the LMS IP and saving it as a new AP System Profile defines the ip address of the controller that access points in that AP-Group will terminate their user traffic on.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Hi Colin,

I understand your ideas, it working well , my new ap can tunneling with my local controller in building B

I want ask you more question:

In building A vlan id for guest is 66 and it working well
Now i created a vlan name: Guest
building A mapping with vlan id 66, building B mapping with vlan 77
AAA and authentication method the same with building A
But, in building A went i login to guest, system will popup a window for me input user and password ( local database )
In Building B when i login to guest it can not show me the window for in put user password, please trouble shooting and give some your idea.

Thank you so much,

Lee
Contributor I

Hi Colin, i want ask you more about guest database

My users in new building (B) can use internal database of master controller to guest access ?
It mean building a and building use same database guest ?

or building A will use local database of master controller, and building B will use database of local controller for access, i want all users in two building use same inter database for guest access

Thank you so much,

Lee
Guru Elite

By default, all of the guest user authentication on local controllers is done with the database on the master controller.

Colin Joseph

Contributor I

Ok i will try again and feedback to you soon

Thank you so much
Contributor I

Dear Colin, im trying your comment but cannot success.

I have proplem with guest access as bellow:

All uses in new group ap, this group has lms ip of local controller, users can get ip of vlan guest but they cannot see popup window ( captive portal) for authentication user/password local database.

I have created vlan interface of guest vlan, but after got ip, they cannot continue.
Im use local database in master controller.

Thank you so much
Lee nguyen
Guru Elite

- Your guest VLAN on that controller should have an ip address.

- You need to change the ip cp-redirect-address to that ip address:   http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/ip_cp_redirect_address.htm?Highlight=ip cp-redirect

- make sure your clients can resolve DNS when at the captive portal

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: