Campus Switching and Routing

Highlighted

Doubt about LACP trunking

Hi experts,

I am going to configure a trunk between two swiches. I see I have some options, which is the difference between these two:

1. switch(config)# int 1-2 lacp {active | passive}

2. switch(config)# trunk 1-2 trk1 lacp

And for the second option, what lacp mode is going to be used? Active or passive? I have read the documentation but is not clear...

Many thanks,

Julián

Re: Doubt about LACP trunking

Hi guys,

Any idea?

Regards,

Julián

New Contributor

90% sure that using the "trunk" command creates an active LACP trunk.

Had the same thing come up recently and it seems to be active for us which is what we wanted

Hi Samurite,

Yes I think the same, I have used the "trunk" command on both ends on the link for another implementation and the trunk came up, so the mode should be active. Anyway I would like to know the difference with the other command... Anyone who can shed light on this?

Regards,
Julián
New Contributor

The "Trunk" option is for creating a static LACP trunk to group fixed ports together in LACP mode. This will operate in active mode because there's no reason not to.

The "interface" option is for creating dynamic LACP trunks and could active or passive depending on your requirements

Hi Samurite,

Yes, I have just read it in the configuration guide. It also says if you want a dynamic LACP to operate in a non-default VLAN you need enable GVRP and more configuration. I will use static LACP to make it more simple. Many thanks for your interest.

Regards,
Julián
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: