Campus Switching and Routing

New Contributor

Is ARUBA gre layer2 tunnel compatible with RFC 1701 GRE transparent ethernet bridging

Hello

I am trying to establish an L2 encapsulation in a GRE tunnel between AMC and a third party device (VyOS router 1.1.7 with gre-bridge feature).

On the capture, the only one difference i have seen is the 802.1Q tag inside the encapsulated frame from the controller, and the response without this tag.

Do the controller accept such untagged frames ?

Pierre

New Contributor

Re: Is ARUBA gre layer2 tunnel compatible with RFC 1701 GRE transparent ethernet bridging

Hi Finally I find the solution... I have used the "ip link gretap" directive on my Vyos router, and I can tag frames 802.1q into a gre tunnel... All works and I have to improve some tunnel parameters... Pierre

#AirheadsMobile
New Contributor

Re: Is ARUBA gre layer2 tunnel compatible with RFC 1701 GRE transparent ethernet bridging

Hi,

It works quite perfectly .... but some GRE packet are sent with a flag on GRE Header that contain a not null value (like DNS requests issued by Apple devices).

The RFC says that value (Flags field of the GRE header) must be null otherwyse the recipient drop the packet ...

I don't know how to modify this GRE packet tagging!!!

Rgds

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: