Campus Switching and Routing

MAS: LACP load balancing algorithm

I can't find any documentation on the LACP load balancing algorithm that's used.  For instance, is the source MAC uses to load balance traffic?  If so, is this configurable to get better distributed traffic?  Ex: load balance using source + destination MAC?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Aruba

Re: MAS: LACP load balancing algorithm

Thecompnerd,

For IP traffic, hash is based on Source IP, Destination IP and L4 Port.
For L2 traffic, hash is based on Source Address and Destination Address.

It is not currently user configurable.

Best regards,

Madani

That's good enough! Thanks for the info.
=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
New Contributor

Hi guys,

Does the above LACP load-balancing algorithm (i.e. "src-dst-ip+layer4" hash for IP traffic, ignoring Layer 2 traffic for the time being) apply to all models of Aruba controllers and AP's?

If so is the recommended uplink switch LACP load-balancing config also "src-dst-ip+layer4" hash for IP traffic as I have seen in the below post that "src-dst-ip" is acceptable?

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Link-Aggregation-LACP-on-Aruba-Controller-Jan06-Tutorial/td-p/130639

Regards, Ash.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: