Campus Switching and Routing

MVP

MAS: Renumber switch stack

I need to renumber several SMs in a switch stack.  Before doing so, I'd like to understand what happens to the ports on those switches.  Will the ports lose their configuration and need to be re-applied to their interface group?  Will the interface group automatically update with the new port #s?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
MVP

Re: MAS: Renumber switch stack

After renumbering the switch stack, I have the answer to my question.

When renumbering stack members, the interfaces applied to the interface groups do not automatically change/move to follow the new number of the stack member.  The ports stay applied to the interface groups.

If renumbering a stack member to a number that didn't previously exist, the ports on that switch will change to a default config.  You'll have to add the ports back to the interface groups they previously belonged to. 

Moral of the story is, plan ahead.  If renumbering multiple switches as I did, be prepared to clean up (remove) ports from interface groups and reapply them using the updated stack member #s.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: