Campus Switching and Routing

Contributor II

No POE on MAS 1500

Hi,

We are doing a big remote rollout of these switches. I now have had 3 of them where it appears POE is not working on. We only have 3 !AP 105s drawing power but the ports are dark. If I do a sh poe interface command the ports that the IAP's are plugged into show (code=24).

GE0/0/22
--------
GE0/0/22: Administratively Enable, Port status: Off
Maximum power: 30000 mW, Power consumption: 0 mW
Port voltage: 0 mV, Port current: 0 mA
PD class: Class-3, Priority: Low, PSE port status: off, (code=24)

Any ideas?

Aruba

Re: No POE on MAS 1500

Wittwem,

Code 24 indicates that there is a "Voltage injection into the port". We're planning to replace the codes with more human understandable code in a upcoming maintenance release.

How are the IAPs cabled up? Are these IAPs already in the ceiling or just on a small patch cord connected to the S1500? If in the ceiling, any chance to bring them down and direct connect the switch on a short patch cord and see if the problem persists. It could indicate an issue with the longer run.

Best regards,

Madani

Contributor II

Hi Madani,

The AP's are already mounted in the ceiling, plus these have been deployed to remote locations. I don't have physical access to the equipment. I did have a tech connect the AP's directly to the switch with a small patch cord and we had the same result.

Thanks,

Mark

Aruba

Mark,

I would recommend opening a TAC case.

Best regards,

Madani

Contributor II

Hi Madani,

Yeah I already have. The first in line tech told me to reset the switch to factory defaults. I can't do it at the moment because the switch is in production. I was just checking to see if anybody out here had run into this issue and had a solution instead of resetting the switch.

Thanks,

Mark

Aruba

Mark,

Have you tried removing the poe-profile and re-applying to the ports in question. That should reset the PoE settings versus doing a factory default. Also, has rebooting had any effect?

Also, we have seen this once before:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/S1524-not-power-the-115-APs-connected-to-it/m-p/130491/highlight/true#M27945

But I think the issue was caused by another device (not the APs) sending power down the line. What else might be connected to the switch?

Best regards,

Madani

Contributor II

Hi Madani,

The upstream port is connected to a Att router which does have POE enabled. Att manages the router so I cannot change the POE settings on it. What's wierd is we have deployed about 20 of these switches with the same hardware and the same configuration and they have all worked except these 3. So far.......

Thanks,

Mark

Aruba

Mark,

It may not be the router upstream. Besides the APs, what else is attached, any little switches/hubs or other devices? Any possibility you can have everything disconnected but the IAPs and see if the issue disappears then slowly add devices?

Best regards,

Madani

Contributor II

Hi Madani,

I had a field tech on location who unplugged patch cords one at a time. POE did eventually start working. We couldn't determine exactly what device was causing this because we had a short time frame to work in. What's wierd is that we plugged everything back in and POE for the access points continued to work. I don't know what to make of it....

Thanks,

Mark

Aruba

Mark,

Let me check with engineering if we need a port down state to reset that error code.

Best regards,

Madani

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: