09-15-2016 08:17 PM
Hi Airheads Community,
I would like to clarify some thing regarding wave 2:
1. if we use Aruba AP 325 (wave 2) and connect it to non Mgig switch, would be able to maximize the 2.5 Gbps? or still 1G (2G if we aggregate) since Aruba AP 325 has no smart rate port?
2. If we use Aruba AP 335 (wave 2 and has smart rate port), does it have intervendor compatibility with CISCO 3650 MGIG switch? I mean, would we be able to maximize wave 2 technology (2.5 Gbps) without link aggregation?
Thank you very much!
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-15-2016 08:25 PM
09-15-2016 08:33 PM
I was a bit lost there..
1. You mean, since AP 325 only have (2) 1G ports, even if we aggregate it, we won't be able to maximize Wave 2 (2.5 Gbps)?
2. Yes AP 335 have smart rate ports. What I want to know is if it's compatible with CISCO 3650 multi gig switch? Would be able to achieve speed of wave 2 2.5 Gbps)?
09-15-2016 09:24 PM
Thanks capalli..just want to be more sure/specific
1. can utlilize wave 2 technology but limited up tp 2G (gig aggregation) speed only. Right?
2. Yes - does cisco and aruba use the same technology?
09-15-2016 09:26 PM
09-15-2016 09:41 PM
Thanks a bunch cappalli!
1. i mean we have 2G uplink not speed. :)
2. noted with this
furthermore, just want to share this link I've found regarding multigig technology.
CISCO - uses NBASE-T
ARUBA AP - interoperable with NBASE-T