Campus Switching and Routing

Contributor I

Policy based routing on Aruba 5406R zl2

Hi,

Can anyone please guide me how to configure Policy based routing on Aruba modular switch? I am new to Aruba networking.

I have the attached scenario, where I have 2 routers each configured with subinterfaces and I want to route some VLANs from R1 and the other VLANs from R2. Also note that on R2 I have configured a DHCP server for each VLAN.

The currently running version is KB.16.01.0006 and as I've read, that this version supports PBR without license.

Please I need support

Aruba Employee

Re: Policy based routing on Aruba 5406R zl2

Hi,

I just created an eample that is based on your drawing from top of my head. Please test this in test infrastructure first since it's really from top of my head 8-). There are so many different options you can use within the classifier's or PBR actions. If you want to read some more information see the Advanced Traffic Management Guide manual and than chapter Classifier based software configuration. I'm assuming you have at least 5400 with V2 modules or higher. Hope this example will help you! Regards, Dobias

class ipv4 R1
match ip 10.128.0.1 0.0.0.255 any
match ip :10.144.0.1 0.0.15.255 any

class ipv4 R2
match ip 10.20.0.1 0.0.15.255 any
match ip 10.30.0.1 0.0.0.255 any

policy pbr R1_R2
class ipv4 R1
action ip next-hop <IP of default Gateway>
class ipv4 R2
action ip next-hop <IP of default Gateway>

vlan 15
service-policy R1_R2 in

Contributor I

Hi Dobias,

Thanks for your support.
I was reading some articles and found that PBR only works on inbound traffic, but in my scenario all edge switches are connected to the Core switch.
In the example you gave me, what do you mean by VLAN 15?
Aruba Employee

VLAN 15 was just the incoming VLAN I connected the PBR policy to.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: