Campus Switching and Routing

New Contributor

Port Isolation (Wired Guest Network)

I am using an Aruba 3810M switch. I am trying to create a VLAN that allows users to connect hardwired as guest. I want them to have the port isolation to the internet as if they were on a WLAN Guest network. Anotherwords, the device plugged into Port1 cannot see Port2, etc... There are 1300 ports in the building. Creating a seperate VLAN is out of the question. I have attempted to use the Private Vlan feature. It did not work as I hoped, or my configuration was incorrect. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this started?

New Contributor

Re: Port Isolation (Wired Guest Network)

you can use "isolate-list" feature on the vlan. Isolate-list feature creates a list of isolated ports for the VLAN. Traffic received on isolated ports will not be forwarded to other isolated ports in the VLAN. Traffice will be forwarded  only to non-isolated ports on that vlan.For example if ports a1-a23 is part of vlan 1,and if "isolate-list" is created with  ports a1-a22, then ports a1-a22 will not be able to talk to each other. only port a23 can talk to a1-a22. 

HP-Switch-5406Rzl2(vlan-1)# isolate-list a1-a22

New Contributor

New Contributor

Thank You! I will try that on my “test floor” as soon as I get in this morning.

New Contributor

That worked wonderfully! Thanks so much for the input!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: