Campus Switching and Routing

Contributor I

Power Usage Info on Mobility Access Switches

Does anyone know of a CLI command on the S2500/3500 mobility access switches to show power consumption? We're looking to replace our existing UPS with a different model and it would be helpful to know what the requirements of the switches are. So far I haven't found a command like that......

Thanks!!

Jon Koelker

Oyster River School District

Aruba

Re: Power Usage Info on Mobility Access Switches

Jon,

You can only pull the PoE consumption (show poe controller), not the system consumption. If you can provide the specific Models and PSUs (600 or 1050 in the case of S3500s) we can give you the worst case consumption values for sizing.

Best regards,

Madani

Contributor I

Hi, Madani - this particular switch stack consists of three S2500-48P and one S2500-24P switches - all running power supply model number 2510064, 580W. Is that the correct info?

Thanks!

jk

Aruba

Jon,
All S2500 P models have a 580W power supply as you noted. 400W is allocated for PoE function while 180W is allocated to system function. In truth, a 48 port model running all ports simultaneously will only get to around ~120W from the system allocation.

So you can look at this several ways, worst case scenario of all PoE consumed, plus max forwarding gives you 520W which you then divide by 85% which is the worst case power conversion efficiency for the PSU given max load, you are then looking at a total draw of 611.76W from the PSU inlet. Using the "show poe controller" output, you can modify the PoE value above to get something closer to your environment.

Best regards,

Madani

Contributor I

Thank you!! Appreciate the help.

jk

MVP

are they plugged into a pdu? then maybe you can pull that information from the pdu?
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: