Campus Switching and Routing

New Contributor

What is the future of HP Comware/A Series/H3C based Switches?

If you are not aware HP have sold H3C to a chinese university? H3C created, develops and maintains Comware software , so what is the future of comware switches. I ask as we have some comware switches in our campus, and I have not got a clear answer from HP or the partner that installed them. At the time I was lead to believe that comware was the strategic direction of HP, and the provision range was aimed at SMB. That strategy seems to have had a complete u-turn. Provision now seems to be the strategic direction.

I ask as I am pleased with comware switches and I was considering buying a couple of 5900's for a small computer room. But I dont want to be left with a product which is not strategic.

Any views or insight would be great.

Thanks

Henry

Guru Elite

Re: What is the future of HP Comware/A Series/H3C based Switches?

I would ask this question on HPs support forums.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Aruba Employee

Hi Henry,

The Comware devices are now under the HPE logo and all the Provision devices will be re-branded to ArubaOS.

There is no clear delineation between the areas where Comware and ArubaOS devices can be used. 

The DC and SMB products are Comware, but Campus consists of both Comware and ArubaOS devices.

Hope that answers your query.

Thanks,

Jay 

Aruba Employee

Hi all:

Thank you for your question.

Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) keeps investing in H3C products and solutions. As an example, in December 2015 two new Comware-based switches were announced: the HPE 5510 HI Switch Series and the HPE 5130 HI Switch Series. Before that, the HPE 7500 Switch Series hardware was upgraded to the support latest version of Comware: v7; the HPE 10500 Switch Series has also been enhanced with new modules in 2015; and new models were added to the HPE 5130 EI Switch Series. Finally there is a robust roadmap of Comware software features.

Regards,

Ruben Iglesias

Global TME

Hewlett Packard Enterprise / Networking

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: