Campus Switching and Routing

frc
New Contributor

aruba 2930F Layer3 operation mode

Hello All, I have some questions regarding Aruba 2930F layer 3 operation and features, and appriciate any help.

1 - Does the ip level features are available for configuration on the webgui (routing, interfaces ip's, dhcp, etc)? If so how do I get them on GUI (for the moment only CLI)?

2 - Does this switch model supports an interface to work as I pure layer3 interface or is that only supported by creating SVI's (vlan interfaces)?

3 - Upon a DHCP pool with range/subnet is it possible to exclude some ip addresses from the pool (excluded-address ...) -- don't get that command?

4 - do you know or have a sample of a DHCP database that we could pull into the switch for operation as a DHCP server (ip addr leasings to clients) instead of defining pools and single static ip-mac binding per pool (don't find anywhere the database layout/structure to be imported and applyed by the switch)!?

best regards, and thanks in advance

Occasional Contributor II

Re: aruba 2930F Layer3 operation mode

Hi,

There are 3 options you have to furfill to let the Aruba switch route.

* Setup ip default gateway

* Setup ip in vlan's (which will be routed)

* Enable ip routing on switch

I assume the DHCP service of the switch is just a lite DHCP server, no special things are available. Best practice is to let a server or firewall do the DHCP service. Much more stable.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: