Campus Switching and Routing

New Contributor

error fetching configuration

Hello all,

Hopefully I am posting this in the right location. Anyway. We are currently in the process of deploying some juniper switches. When we go to add them to Airwave, it gives us a "(Error fetching existing configuration)". The strange thing that i have found, is they work if i put it under a "universal network device", but if i put them under a switch/router or juniper switch it gives me the error. I have ensured that all the SNMP information is correct. I'm not sure what group settings i should be looking at, but they all seem to be correct.

I did read somewhere that you might have to force SSH, which it looked like it was enabled,in the group settings, but just to be safe i enabled telnet on the switch just to see if it would work, and it still wouldn't fetch the config. I'm at a lost. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris W

Guru Elite

Re: error fetching configuration

What model switch is this and what software?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

The switch is a EX4300-48P. It is running Junos 14.1X53-D30.3  I am also running Airwave 8.2.0.2

New Contributor

I was actually able to get this working. I deleted everything off the switch that had to do with snmp. I slowly rebuilt it line by line. It seemed Airwave will see the device as a switch with these lines added.

set snmp view *snmp group* oid .1 inlcude

set snmp vv3 vacm access group *snmp group* default-context prefix security-model usm security-level privacy notify-view *snmp group*

Hopefully this helps someone else along the lines.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: