Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Guest users have encrypted/hashed user name

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Guest users have encrypted/hashed user name

Posted Aug 09, 2018 07:50 AM

Hello!

I created a Splash page in Aruba Central with self registration. I want to create role based access for the guests based on User name. I added the guest under the visitor account, and I can even log in through the splash page with the test credentials. But when I look under the monitoring->client->list I can see that my device is logged in with a hashed user name. Because of this, I cannot filter for specific user names.

For example, if I have a gala, and I have guests from different company. And they all use self registration, but based on their e-mail, which will be their user name in self registration, I want to filter and place people in different roles. Example: anyone whose user name contains @importantcompany will get role with bigger bandwidth and if the username contain @littlecompany they get a role with smaller bandwidth. (This is just example.)

I can make the role mapping in Central, and it would work just fine with simple 802.1x ssid, but I don't want to input all 100 guest (let them do that themselves.) But with splash page, the username gets hashed, so the rules put everyone in the default profile.

Is there a solution to this?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Guest users have encrypted/hashed user name

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2018 05:45 PM

I'm afraid this is by design and happens when you enable "MAC Caching" in Cloud Guest. You should see the regular usernames if you disable it.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Guest users have encrypted/hashed user name

Posted Aug 13, 2018 03:40 AM

Hi!

I don't have MAC caching enabled...

I created a visitor named "test", then I logged in, and under visitors I can see that the username is hashed out. I also did a self registration with another equipment, and it did the same thing.

Daniel