Cloud Managed Networks

Contributor I

Aruba Central Guest users have encrypted/hashed user name

Hello!

I created a Splash page in Aruba Central with self registration. I want to create role based access for the guests based on User name. I added the guest under the visitor account, and I can even log in through the splash page with the test credentials. But when I look under the monitoring->client->list I can see that my device is logged in with a hashed user name. Because of this, I cannot filter for specific user names.

For example, if I have a gala, and I have guests from different company. And they all use self registration, but based on their e-mail, which will be their user name in self registration, I want to filter and place people in different roles. Example: anyone whose user name contains @importantcompany will get role with bigger bandwidth and if the username contain @littlecompany they get a role with smaller bandwidth. (This is just example.)

I can make the role mapping in Central, and it would work just fine with simple 802.1x ssid, but I don't want to input all 100 guest (let them do that themselves.) But with splash page, the username gets hashed, so the rules put everyone in the default profile.

Is there a solution to this?

Re: Aruba Central Guest users have encrypted/hashed user name

I'm afraid this is by design and happens when you enable "MAC Caching" in Cloud Guest. You should see the regular usernames if you disable it.

Samuel Pérez
ACMP, ACCP, ACDX#100

---

If I answerd your question, please click on "Accept as Solution".
If you find this post useful, give me kudos for it ;)
Contributor I

Re: Aruba Central Guest users have encrypted/hashed user name

Hi!

I don't have MAC caching enabled...

I created a visitor named "test", then I logged in, and under visitors I can see that the username is hashed out. I also did a self registration with another equipment, and it did the same thing.

Daniel

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: