Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central + Splash page

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central + Splash page

Posted Oct 27, 2017 03:18 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I'm having a problem to display the splash page on devices that run android.

The environment is as follows:
      - 1x IAP-103 controlled by Aruba Central (with guest access enabled)
    - 1x Smartphone with Android 5.0.2
    - 1x Smartphone with IOS 11
    - Aruba central with Guest Access enabled and working perfectly.

When IOS device is connected, the splash page appears normally, with no problems. Already when the device android, the browser even opens, but the splash page does not.
    I noticed that the url that appears in the address bar is https://www.google.com, which is the home page for chrome.

If you try to access some website, other than google, sometimes the splash page appears. But, it is a very complex process for the user to connect to the network.

Has anyone ever been or is experiencing the same problem?

Follows a print of the screen, android.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central + Splash page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2017 04:41 AM

Please check this page for some background:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Technology-Blog/Captive-Portal-why-do-I-get-those-certificate-warnings/ba-p/268921

Bottom-line, there is no real solution as captive portal like you try to deploy it violates what HTTPS was designed for.

I must admit that the number of HTTP sites is lower and lower, but it makes sense to find a good one in your region and let people browse there if they don't get the captive portal. Also, do not enable the captive portal bypass features if you want the captive portal to pop up automatically.