Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaCentral - Find a previously connected client

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ArubaCentral - Find a previously connected client

Posted Feb 21, 2018 12:28 PM

Hello,

Is there a way that I can track down information on a client that was connected to our guest network on a specific date in ArubaCentral?   If it helps we are using AP-205's.  I tried doing both a client usage and a client session report but neither had very much information about clients other than like top 5 usage stats, for example. 

If I look at Monitoring/Reports->Client Overview->List, I see live clients, and then when I choose 1 week/1 month/whatever it still only shows live clients.

• 2.  RE: ArubaCentral - Find a previously connected client

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 12:34 PM

What information are you looking to locate for that client? If you check out P129 of the below, this will show you the information which can be generated from a report.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/SoftwareUserReferenceGuides/82/1/aruba%20central%20user%20guide.pdf

• 3.  RE: ArubaCentral - Find a previously connected client

Posted Feb 23, 2018 09:32 AM

Sorry for the delay, I have been out of the office due to some bad weather.  

To answer your question, I want to be able to see any information at all about the client.  I have an IP address, but if I could possibly see what type of device it is or get very very lucky and tie it to a person that was in our building.  To be honest, it feels like a pipedream but I'm trying.

I've done reports for client session and client usage but they really only show things like top 10 clients and this particular client didn't make it into the top 10.

The client inventory report sounds promising but I can't back date it to a previous date.