Cloud Managed Networks

New Contributor

Can an existing Central account become a Tenant account?

If a customer has an existing Aruba Central account and I want to manage their network under my MSP account, how can I acheive that?

Re: Can an existing Central account become a Tenant account?

I'm afraid that's not currently possible. What they can do, however, is add your email address as a user in their account. Once they've done that you'll see an additional customer ID in your login screen. Check mine:

LoginScreen.png

Samuel Pérez
ACMP, ACCP, ACDX#100

---

If I answerd your question, please click on "Accept as Solution".
If you find this post useful, give me kudos for it ;)
Contributor I

Thanks for the info.

I have also been advised that TAC has the ability to move accounts in/out of tenant environment if required, but users cannot do this themselves.

Contributor I

@sperez wrote:

What they can do, however, is add your email address as a user in their account. Once they've done that you'll see an additional customer ID in your login screen. 

Added my existing username as an admin under the customer account, but I don't get the login screen you showed. In fact I just got sent another "please register your account" email, which led me to the signup page and unsurprisingly to an error which stated "that username already exists".

Have I done something incorrectly?

Edit: My Zone is US-1 and the customer zone is US-2 despite everything being done from the same workstation. Could be a factor?

Edit2: I've disabled MSP mode on my account, still seeing the same behaviour

Each central cluster currently uses a different URL. Therefore, if your customer is in US-2 you should use the following URL to access their account:

https://portal-prod2.central.arubanetworks.com/

Samuel Pérez
ACMP, ACCP, ACDX#100

---

If I answerd your question, please click on "Accept as Solution".
If you find this post useful, give me kudos for it ;)
Contributor I

That works, thanks!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: