Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Central management

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Central management

Posted Jun 29, 2018 04:34 AM

Hi All,

I have seen this question asked in a few places but none of the answers seem to give a real solution - "How do I remove devices from central" A number of places say to to unassign them etc, but I want to remove all trace of them from Central so I cannot see them listed on any page paticularly the device inventory page.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Central management

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 06:50 AM

What have you already tried and what was the result?

• 3.  RE: Central management

Posted Jun 29, 2018 06:54 AM

I want to configure a Cloud Guest page but the option is not available, only "Internal Acknowledged" etc.

I have added the license keys I've been given but the option I would expect to see under "current app" is not available.

• 4.  RE: Central management

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 06:56 AM

Your initial post is talking about removing devices.

• 5.  RE: Central management

Posted Jun 29, 2018 07:00 AM

Apologies I have two posts running, I have opened up the Device inventory and looked for a remove or delete but there is no option to remove devices listed

• 6.  RE: Central management

• 7.  RE: Central management

Posted Jun 29, 2018 08:29 AM

Hi Thats just a google search which I have already done, which is why in the original post i said - " I have seen this question asked in a few places but none of the answers seem to give a real solution".

I How do I actually, really, definitely remove them so that they are not there and not shown anywhere is what I would like to know.

• 8.  RE: Central management

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 09:57 AM

What have you tried that does not work? There are a number of actual solutions in that search...which have you tried that does not work?

What does "not shown anywhere" mean?  Where do you see it still appearing?

• 9.  RE: Central management

Posted Jun 29, 2018 10:02 AM

Although on the surface they seem to be addressing the issue of "removing IAPs from Central" all the answers seem to result in Unassigning IAP not removing them. I haven't tried any because none of them seem to say how to remove IAPs only unassign them.

• 10.  RE: Central management

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 10:11 AM

"Central" is basically Aruba Activate and it is aware of all devices that are sold via mac address/serial number.  "Activating" an IAP basically makes a decision as to whether or not booting an AP up allows it to be controlled by Central or not.  It is not a separate system where your devices are entered into and need to be deleted from.

EDIT: Please register your request for improvement here:  https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas

• 11.  RE: Central management

Posted Jun 29, 2018 10:16 AM

I don't want a list full of APs that are not being managed by central. I only want to see the ones I am managing currently - how do I restrict the list of waht to see.

Also how do I configure central to manage a device under one account when it has previously been managed under another account. It would be simple if I could "delete" it from one account and "add" it to another.