Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Cloud Guest

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Cloud Guest

Posted Jun 28, 2018 08:41 AM
      |   view attached

I am looking to setup a guest WLAN on Aruba Central but the cloud guest option is greyed out (see attached file). Does this mean I don't have a license for this feature, I can't work out from the list of keys whether this option should be available.

• 2.  RE: Cloud Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 28, 2018 11:11 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

did you have integrated the so called Service Token into your Key Management?

This is mandatory to use Guest Management.

Do you see Guest Management App when you click on the App "chooser" under the aruba logo?

• 3.  RE: Cloud Guest

Posted Jun 29, 2018 05:42 AM

Hi Cordless,

I do have a key that is listed as "Service" but the "Guest Management" app is not available from the chooser in the top left of the screen.

• 4.  RE: Cloud Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 06:02 AM

Please check "GLOBAL SETTINGS - SUBSCRIPTION ASSIGNMENT" section NETWORK SERVICE SUBSCRIPTIONS if you have a device assigned via drag & drop to the service "Cloud Guest"

• 5.  RE: Cloud Guest

Posted Jun 29, 2018 06:18 AM

Hi Cordless,

I am pre-configuring everything ready for deployment so there are no devices to select in the list at the moment. Is this a prerequisite to making the configuration? Does the Cloud Guest option not become available until I have a device assigned to a license?

• 6.  RE: Cloud Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2018 06:39 AM

Could be the case. Service token is used for (today) Presence Analytics, Guest or Clarity function.

So the cloud solution has to know for which service you want to use the token. This is done by binding a device onto a service.

I guess that that will be the issue.

I would suggest to integrate a device and setup Guest Service. After the productive device will be integrated remove the let´s say lab gear from that service and setup the productive gear on that service.