Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Delete unsubscribed device from Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 58 times
  • 1.  Delete unsubscribed device from Aruba Central

Posted Jul 18, 2018 05:45 AM

Hi, I am trying to evaluate Aruba Central so I added my existing IAP cluster but apparently something is not working (maybe because when I added it it was also in Airwave). How can I remove it from the Device Inventory, since it's is not yet subsribed?

I will create later test IAP cluster to evaluate Aruba Central, since it's not a good idea to play with my production one. 

screenshot-app-prod2.central.arubanetworks.com-2018.07.18-12-41-40.png

• 2.  RE: Delete unsubscribed device from Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2018 04:33 AM

If you have access to Aruba Activate (activate.arubanetworks.com), you can remove it from there.

In all other cases, please contact Aruba Support (contact details in my signature) to have the APs removed from Activate and Central.

• 3.  RE: Delete unsubscribed device from Aruba Central

Posted Sep 13, 2018 04:02 AM

Hello!

I also wrote about it in a different thread:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Cloud-Managed-Networks/Central-login-portal-redirection-flaw/td-p/453982

Hope it helps!

Daniel

• 4.  RE: Delete unsubscribed device from Aruba Central

Posted Feb 14, 2021 09:38 AM
    Hi.

I have activate, and I see the devices I want to remove from central in activate, but I don't see any option anywhere to remove the device from central...or at all for that matter..

------------------------------
    Essi A

• 5.  RE: Delete unsubscribed device from Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2021 09:41 AM
    Hi,

If you want to remove it from Inventory, please open a case with Aruba TAC.

If you want to remove the provisioning rule that redirects it to Central, just un-assign the license on Central for this device and the provisioning rule will be removed.

You don't really need to touch activate if you are managing the device from Central (it should communicate with activate and configure the needed rules)

Ayman Mukaddam

• 6.  RE: Delete unsubscribed device from Aruba Central

Posted Feb 15, 2021 03:19 PM
    OK, thank you.

Essi A

• 7.  RE: Delete unsubscribed device from Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2021 10:30 PM
    If you have access to your Activate account, then create a new folder (Say "Old Devices") and move the device in question to it.

If the device is in the Athena folder (or sometimes in the root folder), it will still show up in Central. Central should be only using the Athena folders.

Jon W

• 8.  RE: Delete unsubscribed device from Aruba Central

Posted Feb 22, 2021 02:34 AM
    Well, thank you very much for your tip (and all the replies)..it did actually help, and yet not I'm afraid. Moving them to another folder did make them not visible in Central, but it has apparently not removed them from it since I'm still getting the message:

You have reached the maximum limit for adding devices
    You have reached the maximum limit to add devices. Please add additional subscription keys to increase this limit
    It boggles the mind how a company can make a system that allows you to add devices but not to remove them, and then also makes that system not allow you to add more devices than you have subscriptions (because, yes unsubscribing did not help get rid of that message either - I am using 160 of 173 available - which is why I ended up here in the first place).

Anyway, my boss managed to find someone who says he can remove them, otherwise I'll open that TAC case as per the other reply.

Thanks.

Essi A

• 9.  RE: Delete unsubscribed device from Aruba Central

Posted Feb 23, 2021 01:26 AM
    Hi, I had the same message in Aruba Central. The only way to get rid of this message is to open a TAC case. In the background your account thinks he is still an evolution account and after the 90 days you get this message. Even if you have valid licences. TAC will change an setting in the background and your good to go.

Kevin de Leeuw

• 10.  RE: Delete unsubscribed device from Aruba Central

Posted Feb 15, 2021 07:20 AM
    There is no way for you to remove it from Device Inventory directly..
    Indirectly tho - you can assign it to a different Central account as long as it's not already subscribed to your production account - which I see that it's not. So on the other Central Account do Add Device and it should magically be moved :)

John-Egil Solberg |
    ACMX | ACCX