Cloud Managed Networks

Contributor II

Re: How do I remove offline devices from Aruba Central?

Log into Aruba Centeral -->Select he management group that the down AP is in -->Under monitoring select Access points -->Click on the down access point in the Access Point List.

In the upper right corner there should be a Delete AP button.

New Contributor

I have been test driving Central, but I want to remove my AP, which is still showing as up. I do not see any way to delete it from the previous steps. Is there another way to delete it?

Thanks,

Bob

Occasional Contributor I

I'v been searching but cannot find the delete option in the MSP view for Aruba Central. I'v exidently added the wrong serie numbers and mac-adresses.

Contributor II

Seems that the complete removal of a device is still not possible - would also need to remove an accidently added device.

Any new suggestions?

With kind regards

Manfred M.

New Contributor

Hi any news about removing an AP from Central? If I select an AP there is no "action menu" in the top right corner of AP list.

Thanks

Luca

It is possible. Please check attached screenshot.

Go to Monitoring App > Network Overview > APs > List of down APs

Hover over the AP you want to delete and click the trash icon.

Contributor II

Hi! Thank you for the description - with APs this works also for me.

But when i want to remove a switch without a subscription I can't find the possibility to do this - it is not listed in the "List Of Down Switches".

I can only see the switch in the "Global Settings - Device Inventory" and in the Network device subscriptions "No Subscription" group but the trash can there is greyed out.

With kind regards

Manfred M.

There are two parts to adding a device in Central.

1. Add it in device inventory. This step is just a proof of device ownership. At this time device is not licensed. You can add a device in device inventory by serial & mac address, Activate, cloud key etc. Or Aruba will auto populate this for you based on devices sold to the customer name in purchase orders.

2. Assign device a license / subscription. After adding  a switch you can assign it a license or subscription and device starts getting managed by Central, and comes up in monitoring pane.

Now, if you want to remove the device from monitoring pane, unassign device the license, and remove it from monitoring, based on my previous message.

And finally if you want to remove it from the inventory, then you DO NOT have the trash can icon in inventory! Then how do you remove it?

At this point as it is not assigned a license by you, someone else can add it in their Central account.

This act of someone else adding it in their Central account inventory, will remove it from your Central account inventory.

Hi mannvishal,

Do you find a solution or workaround? I have the same problem, I can't remove my old IAPs which are no longer used from the inventory.

Regards,
Julián

As shared before, the only way to remove from inventory is if someone else adds them in a different Cenral account inventory.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: