Command of the Day

Guru Elite

COTD: local-userdb send-to-guest, local-userdb send-to-sponsor

New to ArubaOS 3.4 is the ability to send an email with credentials to guests who will have access to the network at a current or future time. A similar email can also be sent to the sponsor. The end result is that the guest and the sponsor will have an email with the guest's credentials ahead of time, allowing the IT organization and guest access provisioner to save time by not having to interact with guests at "game time". The "local-userdb send-to-guest" and "local-userdb send-to-sponsor" commands will automatically send an email to the guest and/or sponsor when created through the guest provisioning gui, OR the commandline.

Format:

config t
local-userdb send-to-guest
local-userdb send-to-sponsor

There is a separate command to point to your external SMTP server, which is what the controller will use to actually send the email:

config t
guest-access-email
smtp-server
smtp-port

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

og
Occasional Contributor I

user/password for smtp

I know this is an old tree but I just got the request for that feature from my customer. only thing is that their email server only accepts smtp connections with user/pw authentication. i cant find a way to add this to the guest-access-email profile. only place where i find a smtp user/pw is for the "phone home" function.
Guru Elite

Re: COTD: local-userdb send-to-guest, local-userdb send-to-sponsor

You are correct. It is not there. The controller GUI has a decent basic guest access solution, and that is how it is positioned. Amigopod (http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/management-security-software-2/amigopod-visitor-management-2/), however is a very mature, complete solution that has this feature and more. It probably is worth looking into to see if that might be a better fit.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: