Community Expert Day 1/17/14

MVP

Mixed IAP enviroment upgrade

Hello!

If i got a cluster with mixed enviroment let say i got RAP109 and IAP 115 working with the same firmware same cluster.

Let say i want to do a firmware upgrade all the IAPs of RAP109, IAP 115 to the lastest firmware

Which is the correct procedure to do so?

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Aruba Employee

Re: Mixed IAP enviroment upgrade

Hi Carlos,

For manual upgrade; you can specify the image file for different platforms. You can also use the automatic upgrade option whcih fetches image from the cloud.

Thank you,

Regards,

Vijay Rajasimhan | Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
MVP

So the procedure would be if the IAP115 is the master

Downloading the  IAP 115 Lastest Firmware and the same lastest firmware for the RAP109

Go in maintainance and upload both image and click upgrade for both of them?

Do i need to click upgrade to the RAP109 first ? or the IAP 115 first? or it really doesnt matter?

Do i wait the IAP115 to finish their upgrade before upgrading the RAP109 in the same cluster? or it doesnt matter?

cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Aruba Employee

Best approach would be we upgrade both.We can also upgrade IAP115 alone and ensure its acting as master. When the RAP109s come online; they would then upgrade to right code (via cloud). 

Thank you,

Regards,

Vijay Rajasimhan | Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Aruba Employee

Yes, goto maintenance upload images of all image types required and upgrade in a single shot if you are doing it manually.

Automatic mode, each image will be picked up from cloud.

Thanks,
Abilash (ACCP, CWSP, CWAP, CWDP)
(Above answer is based on my knowledge and NOT an official statement from Aruba)
[Hit Kudos if my reply helps. ]
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: