Community Feedback

Aruba Employee

Another forum bug

In some cases, Annoucements, Top Tags, and New Solutions bubble windows step on other text in the forum screen.

Aruba Employee

Re: Another forum bug

Another note on this.  There is a ton of wasted browser real estate in the new forum.  If the forum window were full browser-screen, this issue would most likely be resolved.

Aruba Employee

[ Edited ]

Try zooming in.

Zach

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Aruba Employee

Maybe they should just fix the site.

Guru Elite

Yup.  All part of the fun of launching a new website.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Community Manager

We have created a support case with our platform vendor on this issue and will report back when it is solved.

Thanks all.  

Aruba Employee

I was referring to the "wasted space" comment.

The site is seemingly designed for 1024x768, ala iPad. On my 24" monitor, I ctrl+scroll wheel to make it a little bigger. It makes it easier to read, and does not to appear to be as sparse.

Zach
Thanks,

Zach Jennings
MVP

Well, on my 1280x800 resolution this board looks cramped aswell.

The forums aren't even visible on my screen without scrolling first. And when I finaly get into a forum the subjects are spread out over 2-3 lines because of those useless blobs on the right.

No matter where I am, I loose half the screen due to the excessive headers and buttons on top..does there realy have to be that much black area and do the buttons realy need to be that big and do they need to be repeated everywhere I go?

And that you need to ctrl-scroll to zoom out says all I think.. even you feel the standard view is doesn't display enough of the good stuff.

I realy miss the layout of the old forum :smileysad:

On the bright side: The forum classification is now alot better and there seem to be even more Aruba folks browsing so it isn't all bad :smileytongue:

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Aruba Employee

koenv wrote:

Well, on my 1280x800 resolution this board looks cramped aswell.

The forums aren't even visible on my screen without scrolling first. And when I finaly get into a forum the subjects are spread out over 2-3 lines because of those useless blobs on the right.

No matter where I am, I loose half the screen due to the excessive headers and buttons on top..does there realy have to be that much black area and do the buttons realy need to be that big and do they need to be repeated everywhere I go?

And that you need to ctrl-scroll to zoom out says all I think.. even you feel the standard view is doesn't display enough of the good stuff.

I realy miss the layout of the old forum :smileysad:

On the bright side: The forum classification is now alot better and there seem to be even more Aruba folks browsing so it isn't all bad :smileytongue:

My one recommendation for you would be to spend most of your time on the recent posts page. That page does not have the Announcements and such column on the right.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/category-id/discuss/post-type/thread

Zach

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Retired Employee

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  Very useful.  We will work on the issues as they come up.

Question for you: On the home page, we could add a box that is for recent topics as well as recent posts, and we could add more than the current 5 items to be shown as a default.  Do any of those sounds useful?

Thanks,
Dayle

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: