Community Feedback

last person joined: 2 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Deleting a post

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  Deleting a post

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2011 04:14 PM

I couldn't figure out how to delete a post. I accidentally posted something in response to one thread, realized it was the wrong thread, and had to just Edit my post. I couldn't delete it.

Probably should be one of the options when we click "Options" on a post. Can that be enabled?

Thanks,

Zach

• 2.  RE: Deleting a post

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2011 04:23 PM

The delete button is probably hidden under the menu that you do not currently see.  We are trying to get it fixed.

• 3.  RE: Deleting a post

Posted Nov 18, 2011 05:33 PM

We have created a support case with our platform provider on the issue of Options menu not being visible for certain posts (when they are short in length). Will report back when we have a resolution. 

Thanks all. 

• 4.  RE: Deleting a post

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2011 09:20 PM
    It's not the short post issue. Even on my longer posts where the entire Options menu is visible, there is no "Delete Post" option.

Zach

• 5.  RE: Deleting a post

Posted Nov 20, 2011 08:51 PM

I see, thanks for the clarification Zach - we will report back on both. 

• 6.  RE: Deleting a post
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 13, 2011 12:57 PM

Posts can not be deleted. However if you would like us to move a post please email communitysupport@arubanetworks.com  and we will help you.

• 7.  RE: Deleting a post

Posted Dec 13, 2011 07:38 PM

I would like to provide our reasoning on “deleting a post”:  The Community does not allow users to directly delete their own posts because in some circumstances deleting could remove context or hamper understanding of the rest of thread, therefore community members must email us at communitysupport@arubanetworks.com or email an admin/moderator and we can do it for you. 

This internal control will allow us to fill in any gaps (as needed) when we move or delete a post on behalf of a community member.  Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause but I hope you understand our reason. 

• 8.  RE: Deleting a post

Posted Dec 13, 2011 07:40 PM

Please note I marked this thread with an "Accepted Solution" because this is the best answer we can provide at this time. However, feel free to add additional comments or follow-up questions on this thread.

Thank you!