Community Feedback

last person joined: 3 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Moving Community Account to new Aruba SSO account

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Moving Community Account to new Aruba SSO account

Posted Feb 09, 2015 01:35 PM

Hello Everyone,

my company recently went through a rebranding and we now have a new domain name(and email address)

Is it possible to move this existing account on the community and tie to the my new Support/SSO account? I have tired to go through Aruba Support and they have not been able to help me. Both times they only thing accomplished was my new account lost access to support, and i had to re-register as a partner. However my community account never changed.

Am i stuck either abandoning my old account, or using seperate login to get access to community vs support? I'd like to move it as we might eventually decommision the old domain, andi would lose access to password resets or notifications form the community.

I would like to keep my old account due to post history and my current name,

Thanks

_ELiasz

• 2.  RE: Moving Community Account to new Aruba SSO account
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 09, 2015 01:39 PM

You can change it under Settings.   Details are in the SSO FAQ:

http://www-dev.arubanetworks.com/ssofaq/

How do I change my email address?

Aruba Partner Center and Support portal users must re-register with business email addresses in order to change the entitled email address. Airheads Social users can change email address from Airheads Social by clicking on the “Update User Information” button on the “My Settings” page. (The link is only available after you login.) Please note that if your SSO email address entitles you to Support Portal or Partner Center access, you will lose the entitlement if your account email address is changed

sso-update-info.png

Click "Update User Information" button:

sso-update-email.png

• 3.  RE: Moving Community Account to new Aruba SSO account

Posted Feb 09, 2015 01:54 PM

Well, that was easy!

Someone should tell the guys over at support about this as they were having me go back and forth on cases for weeks to get this done, and never managed to get it accomplished. 

Thanks!

_ELiasz

• 4.  RE: Moving Community Account to new Aruba SSO account

Posted Feb 09, 2015 11:24 PM

No problem; that's what we're here for!