Community Feedback

last person joined: 4 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Password Changing Broken?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Password Changing Broken?

Posted May 02, 2012 02:26 AM

Password changing or login in general here on the Airheads Social site appears to be broken for my account.

My password is rejected so I hit the forgot password link and it emails me the reset link.  On the resulting screen I enter a new password and hit submit.  If I logout I find out that my new password that I set on the Reset Password link doesn't work.  I've taken care to cut and paste the same string several times.  I've tried resetting about six times.  I've tried both Firefox 12 and the latest Chrome beta build on Windows 7.  I even went into "My Settings" and used the password change form there.  It accepts what I put in as the "current password" on the password change form but the same password at a login screen doesn't work.

As a workaround I use/abuse the link in the password reset emails to login to my account.

Can someone help me with this?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Password Changing Broken?

Posted May 05, 2012 10:42 PM

Hey blocke,

Can you let me know when this problem started happening?
    Also, have you tried any other computers or browsers? If you could try a non Beta browser or a earlier version of Firefox, that could help narrow it down.  Beta versions and FF12 are not yet supported. 

Please let me know, thanks.

• 3.  RE: Password Changing Broken?

Posted Aug 22, 2012 03:54 PM

Apologies for not noticing this thread got a response before now.

The issue is still on-going.  I have to reset my password every time I login and the new password never works if I sign out and try to sign back in.  Occurs in both Firefox 13 and Chrome 21.

• 4.  RE: Password Changing Broken?

Posted Aug 22, 2012 04:18 PM

Hello blocke,

Please check your PM inbox.  You should receive a message there that hopefully will solve the issue you're having.

Let me know if you need more help regarding this.

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Password Changing Broken?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2012 05:25 PM

The problem was strictly a user screw up and not a problem with the forum itself.  Sorry to have wasted your time and thanks again for the help.

• 6.  RE: Password Changing Broken?

Posted Aug 22, 2012 06:07 PM

Glad to hear it's all figured out! :)