Community Feedback

Guru Elite

Remember username?

Would it be possible to add an option to the single sign on page that at least remembers your username (email)? If you can't do that, could you enabled autofill for just the username field?

Thanks!

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Aruba

Re: Remember username?

Hi Tim....the SSO page allows me to autofill and save my login within Internet Explorer; but Chrome does not seem to (running on Windows 8.1).  Not sure if it is a site setting or a browser setting.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Aruba

Its written in most webpages now a days to either allow or not allow you to save login information and passwords.

The issue you are most likely seeing is that most browsers don't always honor it.

I believe all Aruba products have it set to not allow you to save login information because it makes it insecure practice. There are a lot of third party products out there that do allow you to override or auto fill the information for you. In the latest iOS 7 apple allows you to override that setting in safari.
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

Thanks! I'm thinking something that is part of the Aruba SSO system like eBay and Amazon where you can check a box that says, "Remember my username for 7 days", etc.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
MVP

[ Edited ]

Firefox doesn't save the username as well.

I have actually never tried with IE. Will give that a go

IE Fail! ;)

Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]