Community Feedback

MVP

Unlinking community and partner accounts

Unlinking my community account from my partner account, is this at all possible?

I want to use a different (personal) account for this community while using a different (corporate) account for anything partner related.

According to support these should not be linked. My experience says they are and I'm getting pretty fed up with it. When using the same browser when I first log in to the community, I no longer have any access to support. Vice versa when first logging on to eg; support website with my company email I am forced to choose a new username on the community.

So, is it possible (while being practicaly) to have a personal email address for the community account while at the same time using a corporate email address for the partner account?

If so: how?!

If not: why not?

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Chief Airhead

Re: Unlinking community and partner accounts

Short answer No

We have a single SSO based on email address. Each SSO account contains support information, community username and so on. In most browsers, if you are logged in with an SSO account and go to our different sites you get automatically signed into the SSO that you are logged into. 

The easiest thing would be for us to connect your @koen user name to your partner SSO account. That way since you can reach this account and support without changing SSO accounts. 

I can look into more possibilities.

Sean Rynearson | Chief Airhead
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: