Community Feedback

last person joined: yesterday 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

feedback new layout

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  feedback new layout

Posted Sep 01, 2014 02:58 AM
      |   view attached

i will get used to it, always the same with these changes. but my first reaction is: undo, undo, please undo.

specially the topics take way too much space now, mainly due to the Views, New, Replies and Kudos on a new line. takes 4 lines for 1 topic.

[edit] added screenshot to make sure it is clear what i see.

• 2.  RE: feedback new layout

Posted Sep 01, 2014 04:26 AM
      |   view attached

another change i dont like, i don't see the ammount of unread topics in a subforum anymore. i don't even see if there are unread topics.

• 3.  RE: feedback new layout

MVP
    Posted Sep 01, 2014 11:21 AM

Wow... you believe you'll get used to it?

I'll be a bit harsh here but I'm thinking I'll hate this for as long as it will remain.

What a terrible waste of space on my screen with info I do not care for. More than half of my screen wasted with useless info, near impossible to scan all the subjects for somethin I care about.. 

Unbelievable this got the OK of people actualy using the forum.

• 4.  RE: feedback new layout

Posted Sep 01, 2014 11:24 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback.  Please keep it coming as I will be passing it along.

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: feedback new layout

Posted Sep 03, 2014 08:48 AM

so other users, are you all fine with this? nothing you don't like?

• 6.  RE: feedback new layout

Posted Sep 03, 2014 12:37 PM

I am not a fan of the points you already made. I also hate all the wasted space on my screen. I also am not a fan of the Recent/Top Solutions in each section. It uses a lot of space.  In some sections it even takes more space than the categories. 

I am much more a fan of "Less is More" if I want to see more then it could be an option, but please don't thrust it on me. 

I would much rather see the links left there like "View All Recent Solutions" and "View All Top Discussions", I feel those could be useful, but I would rather I have to click to make them show, I don't want it to automatically be there.

Here is an example. 

forum.JPG

• 7.  RE: feedback new layout

Posted Sep 09, 2014 08:00 PM

I'm in the "gosh it is prettier, but that's not why I'm here" croud.

My use case:

I read all the new posts to see if I can help

I search old posts to see if anyone else has had my issue so I can learn from them before I post or call TAC.

Any changes which impede those two uses are undesired and any other change is fine with me (but annoying).

Undesire:

• Can't tell from high-level which forums have topics with new posts - have to enter each forum to check.
    • Pretty icons to filter by prouct families take up nearly all of the top of site real estate so I have to scroll to see anything.

Annoy: (but I'll get used to it if it makes you happy)

• Topics now take up more room on the page.
    • Harder to tell which topics have new posts (bold isn't much bolder than not-bold)

I'll think of more as I use it...

• 8.  RE: feedback new layout

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 23, 2014 02:21 PM

Thank you all for the feedback. We are always adapting and we will make many of the changes you have suggested. 

Thanks again!! 

• 9.  RE: feedback new layout

Posted Sep 27, 2014 08:49 AM

that is good to read Sean, looking forward to it.

• 10.  RE: feedback new layout

Posted Nov 23, 2014 08:19 AM

@Srynearson wrote:

Thank you all for the feedback. We are always adapting and we will make many of the changes you have suggested. 

Thanks again!! 

i haven't seen much of the changes being implemented. still can't see globally which boards have new and how many threads.

also the 4 lines are still there.

what exactly is planned to be changed?

• 11.  RE: feedback new layout

Posted Feb 04, 2015 01:46 PM

hey wow, i just noticed the change: New  1 / Threads  1252 per board

thank you for that.

personally im still not sold on the 4 lines per thread, but that is just looks.

• 12.  RE: feedback new layout

Posted Feb 09, 2015 02:50 PM

I think this post may have been related to some previous changes but i will use it to give some feedback on the new changes.

First off the Header which stays at the top i find pretty useless. I can scroll up to the top to get those links if i need, and i think it just takes up space on my screen. For something I might click once in a blue moon, there is no need for it to always be at the top of my page. 

Also the new colour scheme with grey text on a white background i find hard to read. Maybe that just comes down to personal preference. 

Its pretty, but I dont think it has made for a better work flow. Still need to poke around, just getting back into the community after a busy year. 

_ELiasz