Community Feedback

MVP

feedback new layout

[ Edited ]

i will get used to it, always the same with these changes. but my first reaction is: undo, undo, please undo.

specially the topics take way too much space now, mainly due to the Views, New, Replies and Kudos on a new line. takes 4 lines for 1 topic.

[edit] added screenshot to make sure it is clear what i see.

MVP

Re: feedback new layout

another change i dont like, i don't see the ammount of unread topics in a subforum anymore. i don't even see if there are unread topics.

MVP

[ Edited ]

Wow... you believe you'll get used to it?

I'll be a bit harsh here but I'm thinking I'll hate this for as long as it will remain.

What a terrible waste of space on my screen with info I do not care for. More than half of my screen wasted with useless info, near impossible to scan all the subjects for somethin I care about.. 

Unbelievable this got the OK of people actualy using the forum.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback.  Please keep it coming as I will be passing it along.

Thanks!

MVP

so other users, are you all fine with this? nothing you don't like?

Regular Contributor I

[ Edited ]

I am not a fan of the points you already made. I also hate all the wasted space on my screen. I also am not a fan of the Recent/Top Solutions in each section. It uses a lot of space.  In some sections it even takes more space than the categories. 

I am much more a fan of "Less is More" if I want to see more then it could be an option, but please don't thrust it on me. 

I would much rather see the links left there like "View All Recent Solutions" and "View All Top Discussions", I feel those could be useful, but I would rather I have to click to make them show, I don't want it to automatically be there.

Here is an example. 

forum.JPG

MVP

I'm in the "gosh it is prettier, but that's not why I'm here" croud.

My use case:

I read all the new posts to see if I can help

I search old posts to see if anyone else has had my issue so I can learn from them before I post or call TAC.

Any changes which impede those two uses are undesired and any other change is fine with me (but annoying).

Undesire:

• Can't tell from high-level which forums have topics with new posts - have to enter each forum to check.
  • Pretty icons to filter by prouct families take up nearly all of the top of site real estate so I have to scroll to see anything.

Annoy: (but I'll get used to it if it makes you happy)

• Topics now take up more room on the page.
  • Harder to tell which topics have new posts (bold isn't much bolder than not-bold)

I'll think of more as I use it...

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Chief Airhead

Thank you all for the feedback. We are always adapting and we will make many of the changes you have suggested. 

Thanks again!! 

Sean Rynearson | Chief Airhead
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
MVP

[ Edited ]

that is good to read Sean, looking forward to it.

MVP

[ Edited ]

Srynearson wrote:

Thank you all for the feedback. We are always adapting and we will make many of the changes you have suggested. 

Thanks again!! 

i haven't seen much of the changes being implemented. still can't see globally which boards have new and how many threads.

also the 4 lines are still there.

what exactly is planned to be changed?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: