I was looking at the WLPC schedule that you can find here. The schedule is crammed pack full of amazing ten talks and sessions that will be held in Phoenix this week. The following are my three most anticipated sessions of WLPC 2017
Session 1: High Efficiency Wi-Fi: 802.11ax 8:45 – 9:45
- Session Description: The issues facing next generation Wi-Fi systems involve degradation to system efficiency due to dense deployments and due to network traffic with a preponderance of short data frames (e.g. Voice-over-Wi-Fi). PHY and MAC enhancements in 802.11ax will include Uplink MU-MIMO, Downlink and Uplink OFDMA, and Spatial Reuse to improve spectral efficiency and density. In addition, there will be features in 802.11ax to improve outdoor coverage and power saving in new client devices.
- Presenter Name: Eldad Perahia
- Presenter Bio: Eldad Perahia is a Distinguished Technologist at HPE-Aruba. He is currently engaged in 802.11ax activities and principal investigator in the CTO wireless lab. Eldad held leadership roles in many past 802.11 task groups including, 802.11ac, 802.11ad, and 802.11n. Eldad is the co-author of “Next Generation Wireless LANs: 802.11n and 802.11ac”, published by Cambridge in 2013. He has seventy patents, and numerous papers and patent filings in various areas of wireless including WLAN, millimeter wave technology, satellite communications, cellular, and radar. Eldad has a Ph.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles in electrical engineering specializing in digital radio.
- My Thoughts: OK, who isn't interested in 802.11ax?
Session 6: The Magic Of Analysis 8:15 – 9:15
- Session Description: This session will look at the importance of wired analysis when troubleshooting wireless networks. We will discuss the tools and techniques required to successfully analysis wireless traffic traversing the LAN.
- Presenter Name: Peter Mackenzie
- Presenter Bio: Peter Mackenzie is an internationally recognized expert in Wi-Fi and co-author of the CWAP study guide published by Wiley. Peter is currently the Head of Technical Operations for UK company MarQuest, where he is the principle instructor for both the CWNP and Savvius Academy courses. Peter is also a Extreme and Ruckus Certified Technical Instructor. Peter has taught courses in various countries around the globe. When not instructing courses, Peter provides consultancy services specializing in wireless networking and network analysis, to many industries including local government, education, and retail. Peter also heads up the wireless installation team at MarQuest working with many different wireless vendors and holding many of their certifications, along with the vendor natural CWNE and CWNT certifications. Peter is CWNE #33
- My Thoughts: I can always count on Peter to blow my mind. Looks like this analysis session will not let me down.
Session 7: Solving Wi-Fi problems In Record Time 10:30 – 11:30
- Session Description: TBA
- Presenter Name: John Anderson
- Presenter Bio:John Anderson is a Product Manager for the Wireless Analysis & Troubleshooting Handheld Network Test Tools (AirCheck G2, AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer, Spectrum XT) at Netscout where he and a world-class engineering team are building the next generation of wireless analysis and optimization tools for engineers and technicians.
- My Thoughts: OK, I know this one doesn’t have a description yet but look at the title! Who isn't excited to learn how to solve Wi-Fi problems in record time?
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.