Controller Based WLANs

Customization for internal Captive Portal
Requirement:

Administrators to be able to customize some of the basic functions for internal captive portal.

Solution:

Aruba OS 8.X allows WLAN users to customize captive portal page when choosing internal Captive portal which are confined only to UI. There are no CLI commands available as of today to customize the following options,

• Logo
  • Welcome Test
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Button Color
  • Background Color

Configuration:

Administrator should create a Guest WLAN and choose internal captive portal to be able to customize the captive portal page. Captive portal can be configured for guest users in following ways and any type of internal captive portal allows administrator to customize these options.

Below is how the default internal captive portal page looks like.

To customize the internal captive portal page, navigate to > MM > Configuration > WLAN > Select VAP > Security

• Clicking on the internal page, pop-up provides options to change the Welcome text, logo, terms & conditions and button color.

Verification

Once the changes are done, please ensure to save changes and click preview to view the customized page. Below is how the customized page will look like.

Version History
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎04-01-2017 10:53 PM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Contributors
Comments
thomas.schroeder@cancom.de

How could i build a individual Captive Portal Page?

There is a uploadoption "Custom HTML", but no template for the Portalpage.

I couldn`t find a description for building a custom portal page in the usermanual for AOS 8.

Where could i upload individual Pictures for the Page ?

It is only possible to upload one file, so i can`t upload any css files etc..

Thanks

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is this a frequent problem?

Request an official Aruba knowledge base article to be written by our experts.