Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba controllers and ArubaOS 3.1 and later.
To add the Mobility Manager System (MMS) server on the controller, follow these steps, depending on your interface:
Using the web management interface:
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Under Management, click General.
- In the Mobility Manager Servers section, click Add.
- Enter the MMS IP address, username, and SNMP password.
- Click Add and click Apply.
- Click the Save Configuration tab to save the configuration to flash.
Using the command line interface:
- Login as the root user and enter the enable mode.
- Type the following commands:
mobility-manager <server IP address>
user <username> <password>
The MMS allows the user to configure two MMS servers in a redundant group to provide high availability. In this setup, we need to add the primary and standby server IP address on the controller.
When multiple MMS server IP addresses are configured on the controller, the active MMS server will be the MMS server that polled the controller. Only the primary MMS server will poll the controller.