Question: How do I provision a Verizon USB760 modem for cellular uplink on a remote AP?
Product and Software: This article applies to remote APs with USB port using Verizon USB760 modems for cellular uplinks that run ArubaOS RN 3.1, ArubaOS 5.0, and later.
The USB760 modem must be activated through Verizon.
Preparing the Verizon USB760 modem to be provisioned as a cellular uplink
1) Connect the USB760 modem to a USB port on a laptop.
2) Upgrade the firmware to the latest version available on the Verizon support site.
3) Launch the VZAccess Manager utility.
4) From the Options menu, choose Preferences.
5) Choose WWAN Device. In the right pane of the Preferences window, all of the following "Device options" are enabled by default.
- Enable NovaSpeed
- Enable Removable Disk
- Enable "VZAccess Manager" CD-ROM Disk
6) Uncheck the last option "Enable "VZAccess Manager" CD-ROM Disk".
7) Click OK, save the changes, exit VZAccess Manager, and unplug the USB760 modem from laptop.
Configuring the USB Settings Using the Controller's WebUI
1) Select the Device as Other (Any).
2) Select the Device Typeas Option.
3) In the Device Identifier field, enter 0x14106000.
4) Click Apply and Reboot to save the provisioning parameters to the AP and reboot it.
Configuring the USB Settings Using the Controller's CLI
(Aruba3600) (AP provisioning) #usb-type option
(Aruba3600) (AP provisioning) #usb-dev 0x14106000