This article applies to Aruba Mobility Controllers running ArubaOS.
Enable password is used every time you move from User mode to Privileged mode in the Command Line Interface. This password secures the privileged mode as it is where all the dangerous commands are located, including access to Global Configuration mode.
As the requirement of the password is to be complex, there are chances that an administrator might not remember it certain times. This article is useful to reset the enable password.
Basically, you have two ways to reset the enable password:
- Login to controller web Interface and use to controller wizard to mention an other password for enable.
- Or, If you have console access then you can configure admin password, which would automatically reset the enable password back to "enable"
Using Web Interface:
- Login to Web interface of Controller
- Navigate to Controller -> and from the left-pane click on Controller under the Wizards section.
- Enter the new password for enable and continue to click Next, till you see "Finish and Reboot now" (In latest ArubaOS versions, controller can push the config in the wizard without a need for a reboot)
Using Command Line:
- Console/Serial into the Controller
- Login using username as "password" and password as "forgetme!"
- Enter the enable password as "enable"
- Move to config mode and use the command "mgmt-user admin root"
- Type the new password for admin account.