Question: How do I set up captive-portal authentication for the users with an internal database as authentication server?
Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba mobility controllers and ArubaOS 3.x.
To enable the captive portal, follow these steps:
1) Configuration > Security > Authentication > L3 Authentication > Captive Portal Authentication profile > captive portal Authentication profile > profile name > Add.
2) Captive portal Authentication profile > click the profile name that you just created > server group > on the right side, choose the server group from drop-down menu > Apply.
3) Click the AAA profile tab > on the RHS under AAA profiles summary > create a profile > Apply.
4) Configuration > Wireless > AP Configuration > Choose the AP group > edit > Wireless LAN > Virtual AP > Default > AAA profile > on RHS under profile details > from the drop-down menu, select the AAA profile that you created in step 3 > Apply.
5) Configuration > Security > Access control > System Roles > choose the role (logon) > view > captive portal profile > Map the captive portal profile created above > Apply.
Note: If you configure a role other than logon, make sure that the role has the captive-portal policies.