Controller Based WLANs

How do I verify the configured country code?

Question:  How do I verify the configured country code?

Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba Mobility Controllers that run ArubaOS 3.x and later.

Before you upgrade to the latest software, follow these steps for every controller in the network (master and all locals).

From the CLI on the mobility controller, issue this command to verify the country code of the mobility controller:

show startup-config | include country

Information about the configured country code is displayed.

What happens if the country code is not set properly?

The country code can be changed only during initial startup. The system must be reverted to the factory default settings. For details, refer to the ArubaOS 3.1 Software Installation Guide and software installation guides for later versions.

I didn't check, and the controller is upgraded. How do I find out if it's restricted?

To verify that the controller has been permanently restricted to use the US country code, login to the CLI of the mobility controller and issue this command:

show country

Model:Aruba5000-US

Hardware:Restricted US

The controller is restricted, but I don't want it to be. How do I unrestrict it?

If the product is restricted and if you need to change the country code, then you must RMA the unit and get a new one that has the right country code.

Version History
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎07-07-2014 10:35 AM

Labels (1)
Contributors
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is this a frequent problem?

Request an official Aruba knowledge base article to be written by our experts.