How to change mgmt password on Managed Device without accessing Mobility Master?
MGMT password for Managed devices can changed via console.
Below are the steps to change the same:
- Login to the MD using user name : password and password: forgetme!
- In the enable Mode enter : local-config enable
This enables local config on the Managed device.
3. Enter configure terminal
4. In configure terminal type mgmt-user admin root and enter the new password.
- Disable Local config post change (#local-config disable)
- Do a write memory to save the config change. Once the config is saved, you would be logged out of the session and would have to login back to the MD with the new credentials.